It's been a good couple of weeks since I last wrote. The total count of 2016 sponsors is over 500 (!), which is just damn wonderful. The meet-and-greet with Pat Rothfuss went very well and we had a great time at the party on Thursday. The year is looking very, very good.
The Robert Parker Version
1) Live-streaming of events will start on February 2nd. Ustream channel link for live streaming is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/NLHFhn7KUjd . YouTube channel for archived video is "Borderlands Books" but we can't set up a link to it yet (we need more subscribers).
2) A sponsor is looking for some real world experiences in distributed project management for the book he's writing for O'Riley. Please read full details below.
3) A month of presentations on Tuesdays in February at 7:00 PM for experienced and aspiring writers, along with anyone else who's curious how the book business works. Though not required, RSVPs would be appreciated.
Feb. 2nd, Alan Beatts, "The Life-Cycle of a Book"
Feb. 9th, Jeremy Lassen, "Publishing Contracts: Good, Bad, and Ugly"
Feb. 16th, Scott Cox, "Public Reading, Tips and Tricks"
Feb. 23rd, Panel Discussion with authors Gail Carriger, Richard Kadrey and Pat Murphy: "Been There, Done That, Wish I Hadn't"
4) March special event will be a tour of a 3D printing/prototyping company.
5) Sponsors' General Meeting, Thursday, March 31st, 2016 at 7:00 pm. A chance to talk about how we're doing, where we're going, and to give us your advice.
6) Next sponsor social scheduled for April 2nd.
7) Preliminary list of special events for 2016 is ready. See all the details below.
8) Despite almost universal support from our sponsors, the Precita Eyes loan is a dead issue. It changed from a straightforward loan to something almost completely _unlike_ a straightforward loan. The risks associated with it were far too high, so I killed the deal.