Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Building Update #4

Funds Raised - $1,292,500     Days Remaining - 8

Dear Sponsors,

I was planning to give you a detailed update about the building inspections today (yesterday, actually, since it's 1:58 am), but here it is already Tuesday morning, and I've been going since 7:30 am.  I gotta say, I'm pretty beat.  If I try to get into specifics about the inspections, I'm going to make word-salad. The short version is that the inspections went really well; better than I could have anticipated.  I'm meeting my structural engineer and contractor to get some analysis and estimates on Wednesday and . . . . I'm going to tell you about the inspections tomorrow.

It was a good weekend for fund-raising as you can see.  And that's it for building news 'til I get some sleep.

But, some event reminders before I go:

We're continuing our Monthly Sponsor Cocktail night at Churchill (198 Church Street at Market) <http://www.churchillsf.com/>  tonight, Tuesday, October 24th.  I will do my level best to be there.  I expect the conversation will revolve heavily around the building, so if you have questions or if you just want to chat about it, you should come by.  I will be my usual, charming, nodding off, pie-eyed-with-fatigue, inarticulate self <grin>.  Some combination of the staff will be there from at least 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm.  No need to RSVP and any number of guests and friends are welcome.  The bar is very convenient to public transit -- the MUNI Metro Underground (via F, K, L, and M lines at Church Street,) and J and N lines stop less than a block away.

Meanwhile, in the larger world, preview tickets to Thor at the Balboa Theatre!  Thursday, November 2nd, 7:00pm  - SF in SF is hosting a sneak preview of the movie "Thor". In appreciation of our sponsors, Rina Weisman from SF in SF is giving you exclusive access to tickets for this show, available only via SF in SF.  This will likely be a sell-out, so you'll want to get your tickets early.  The movie will start at 7:00 pm.  Sponsors may purchase up to a maximum of four tickets each, and tickets will be $9.00 each.  Payment via Venmo​​ or ​PayPal (please choose "send to friends or family option") to sfinsfevents@gmail.com.  Usually Rina is in the lobby with ticket(s), but for this show, they will be picked up at Will Call.  If you are buying tickets for more than one person, you will need to collect all tickets at the same time​.  For more info, email sfinsfevents@gmail.com .

That's all for now, as I must get some sleep.  Good night all,
Alan

PS  Here's a little laugh for you all.  SFist ran a piece a few days ago about what we're trying to do.  Unlike the bashing they gave us about the whole minmum-wage-and-sponsorship thing, the tone of this was pretty nice.  However, one of the commentors was not so nice.  And then Jeremy waded into it. Normally I urge people not to read comments but this time, maybe you should.  http://sfist.com/2017/10/18/borderlands_books_trying_to_buy_rec.php

PPS I send that link for amusement value.  I don't think that we need any better defense than the one that Jeremy provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment