Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Sponsor Letter, June 5th 2020

Hi All,

So, when I went to write this note, I went looking for the one that I sent out in May.  And . . . couldn't find it because I didn't send one.  This really has been a weird time (I'm sure for all of you as much as for me).  Anyway, sorry for the silence.

Though there is a note this month, it's going to be a short one.  I'm still juggling quite a bit of stuff despite having gotten everything in place for the whole curbside pickup thing.  I swear, the sheer amount of paperwork that I needed to get ready, not to mention all the signs I had to put up . . . it all seems like a bit much.  And, there's more paperwork coming now that we're heading into actually being open for customers.  Plus, as you've seen in the store newsletter, I'm trying to get things moving along at the new shop after too long with no progress.

But, I do have some news.  First off, assuming that the city continues along its current course, we'll be able to open for customers on the 15th.  As I said in the newsletter, we're going to go a little slow and wait 'til the 17th to do that.  But, you all are special and so, if you'd like to come to the store to shop, we'll be open just for sponsors on June 15th and 16th.  I'll send out complete details next week but I wanted to toss that in your minds now.

The second open-for-business thing is that we'll be open by appointment for sponsors outside of normal business hours.  If you're in an at-risk group, live with someone who is, or if you just want to be extra cautious -- we've got you covered.  If you set up an appointment, you'll be the only person in the shop (other than maybe a couple of staff).  For that matter, if you're really concerned, we can keep staff down and just have one person here to let you in and ring you up.  We'd prefer to do appointments Monday to Friday either between 9 am and noon or 8 pm and 10 pm but . . . hell, you're a sponsor -- I'll come down here, bloodshot eyeballs and all, at five am if that's what you want.  If you're interested, just email sponsors@borderlands-books.com and we'll set it up.

And that is about it for this month.  In closing, we're all doing fine around here.  Having the staff back has been so very, very nice and they are all happy to be out in the world and interacting with real people in real life.  Business was a bit slack in May but nothing too dire.  Really, comparing year over year numbers on a monthly basis is pretty much a fool's game. Once we're through the 2nd quarter of this year I'll have something meaningful to mention but, for now, it's just day by day, all the way.

Warm Regards to You and Yours,
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment